Tuesday, November 24, 2009

1st day of school

So for those who don't know, we decided to give homeschooling a shot. There are a few reason, mainly being flexibility. We are going to try for a couple months and if it works great, if it too much, then he will go back to preschool and start K in the fall.
But the first day went really well. The only problem is that he actually wants to do A LOT. I have to laugh sometimes because we interact with them SO much, if we want a break, we cannot have one. As I write this, I have to tell him to give mommy a moment. I of course do not mind doing things with my kids, but it is exhausting to go all day with it.
Today we spent about 4 hours doing things together and I spent 1 hour cleaning/ laundry/computer and now it is almost time to start dinner.
I guess I wonder how people can just ignore their kids and not interact with them at all. I am not saying that I am the best parent by any means, but I just cannot get myself to not listen to my child when they want me to do something.
Pretty sure that I am also just exhausted because I am 28 weeks pregnant, that really might have something to do with it!

No comments:

Post a Comment