Friday, January 1, 2010

Ich habe Deutch im Krankanenhaus gelearnt

Translation: I learned German in the hospital (although spelling may be off)
So we had a great Christmas and the boys loved their gifts. We went to a fun holiday party on the 25th. That evening at about 11pm when we left I started feeling funny.
At 2am onthe 26th I decided that I needed to go to the hospital because I was feeling actual contractions. I was glad to have had 2 kids by then since well, I knew this was real labor, luckily it was still really early, but hey I was only 33 weeks.
And due to the situation here, it was best for me to go myself and if it was serious, call the hubby who would then try and find someone to watch the kiddos. Well turns out it was labor so they ambulanced me to the hospital in town with a neo natal unit and I got all kinds of meds. I was on the anti-contraction stuff for a whole day and a heart pill since it makes your pulse go fast (160). Then I was getting the shots of cortazone for the baby's lungs, just in case. Then I got the shot to prevent thrombosis since I was laid up.
I was thankful for the German I took in high school since it was needed now. The nurses were so happy that I understood most of what they were saying and could speak enough to get the point across.
I ended up being in the hospital for 4 days, it would have been more, but I said I wanted to go home. I wasn't having any more contractions and they were pretty sure it was due to some kind of infection (I was getting 3 doses of IV antibiotics a day!)
So no tax deduction for us, thank goodness and I have to hang on for at least 3 more weeks, I will be 37 by then and considered term.

All is going well and the house is trashed since I have to take it easy, but my wonderful hubby is playing with the kids a lot and making dinner and picking up, I am just nesting now (since we don't have a carseat yet, I now feel like I need to be ready!!) and poor husband has to deal with that!
Will update soon and put more pictures on!

No comments:

Post a Comment